Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Leaflets with poems for cancer patients or anyone affected by cancer. (Collective Poems)

I got "Osteosarcoma" - bone cancer at 21 and now in part remission and I have an idea to create a leaflet with poems for all cancer patients regardless of cancer and if male/female and young and old, it will also have ideas, advice and links to cancer blogs.
For this leaflet I will need sponsors or people to donate their time, paper, ink or printing shops to help in some way. It will benefit all cancer patients socially and mentally and hopefully be supplied in hospitals, cancer wards and cancer charities etc.
When I was going through cancer I found it hard to read other cancer patients journeys, ideas and just socially communicating or reading a leaflet that wasn't necessarily medical information.

Write about a poem that relates to cancer to help others or just show your true emotions.

Please add your cancer blogs if you have one and any advice if you can.

If you can sponsor my project or donate your time or products I'd really appreciate your help and support or know someone who can please let me know, Thank you!

The link below is ideas I have but just to make clear I only want to make leaflets with poems in this moment in time.

My cancer blog: www.copingwiththebigc.blogspot.co.uk


Idea of title for project for poems by cancer patients (TITLE NOT DECIDED YET):

"Collective Poems - A selection of poems by cancer patients and those affected by cancer."

Link for my idea:http://www.junction49.co.uk/idea/3319/i_feel_it_in_my_bones_raising_awareness_of_bone_cancer/

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Becki McGuinness

**Some pictures from Google Images**


















10 comments:

  1. Becki, I am currently being treated for oesophageal cancer and am determined to beat it. I wrote a poem called "Evicting mu squatter" which I will be glad to share on your leaflet as long as I retain copyright.
    Marian Dunn, Preston Lancashire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marian, that would be great! Yes everyone will contain copyright for their own poems as I'm doing this to share with other cancer patients as non for profit but will get funding if needed from funding grants, crowd funding, charity or funds that donate to projects.
      Please email rcm11uk@icloud.com to share your poem please, thank you! Best, Becki :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Becki,

    I am running the London Marathon in memory of my Mum who died from breast Cancer. I am raising money for the Royal Marsden and Breast Cancer care. I wrote a poem which was read out at my Mum's funeral and you can find it here:

    http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TimEastwood

    If you would like to use it for your leaflet, let me know. I have just started following you on Twitter. I am @Easty22.

    Regards

    Tim Eastwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becki,

    I have written a book, The Ninety Third Name of God (Louisiana State UP, 2010) which includes a lot of poems about cancer. I don't know the copyright issues of whether or not I can give them to you for the leaflets, but I'll look into it!

    Anya Silver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anya, appreciate you taking the time to contact me! Look forward to hearing from you. :-)

      Delete
  4. Neil Bradman19 May 2013 01:33

    Becki, this is the poem I wrote in memory of our son Ben who passed away from cancer in 2010 aged 25.

    You were born to be a joker and a dancer
    put smiles on peoples faces everywhere you go
    cut your moves fast and slow
    just like a one man show

    You were born to be a lover not a fighter
    there's nobody could dislike your ways
    every room was so much brighter
    you could turn the darkest night into day

    Now you're up there with the angels on high
    I bet you've got 'em rolling in the aisles
    they're so glad to have you there
    to put some atmosphere in their air

    Now you're gone but you're not forgotten
    you put your handprint on every heart
    you're the joker and the dancer
    to the joy of life you are the answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://jsjcreations-edenrose.blogspot.co.uk/
    My darling grand-daughter Eden Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becki-

    My site is obsessedwithlife.com. I am a 3-time young adult survivor of Askin's tumor (type of sarcoma)...I also have written a fair amount of poetry (I've shared some on my site). Thanks! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Coping with the Big C!
I look forward to reading comments and replying to you all.
Take care, Becki x :-)